Monday, August 27, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna ... nom!

I realized after I cooked all if it that I didn't take any pictures! I saw this recipe on Pinterest made a few different ways so I printed 2 and then personalized it a little bit ... the ranch powder was my doing ;)


Ingredients...
  • Whole wheat lasagna noodles {uncooked}
  • 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed... I used my PC chopper to chop small
  • 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup of franks buffalo sauce
  • 1 packet of hidden valley ranch dip mix
  • 15oz non fat ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup of egg beaters
  • cheese, the recipe called for pepper jack slices I didn't have any so used reduced fat mozzarella
  • 1.5 cups of water
Directions...
  • Preheat the oven to 350 & spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Cube chicken, toss with ranch powder & cook in a skillet. You could also shred it & then mix it with the powder, I thought the cubes were too big so I chopped it super tiny with my chopper after it was cooked.
  • Combine chicken, water, buffalo sauce & spaghetti sauce in a large bowl.
  • Combine ricotta & egg beaters in a small bowl.
  • Spread 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan, cover with noodles, spread more sauce, then layer with ricotta. Repeat this process until you are out of ingredients {you should finish with a layer of sauce}.
  • Cover with foil & bake 70 minutes.
  • Uncover, top with cheese and bake 15 minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment