Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursdays

Thankful Thursdays Button

I am linking up with Julia at black tag diaries for Thankful Thursdays, why because I have a lot to be thankful for!
I am so thankful for for the way my family & friends have come together to help my brother in law.

 I haven't blogged about him in a while but although we were hoping to hear he was cancer free earlier this month, it didn't quite workout that way. His lymph nodes are swollen so he has to have rplnd surgery, which is a very major and complicated surgery. Leaving him with a lovely scar like this {thank you google}

Not many surgeons in the US perform this surgery so next week is headed to Indiana University! His surgeon is actually the same guy who did Lance Armstrong's surgery {which I think is awesome}.

My sister in law has set up a fundraising site since Trey has no medical insurance, if you're reading this please take a look ... read his story, if you have the money all donations are greatly appreciated every $1 helps, you can also leave a "hug" with kind and uplifting words. If nothing else please share it on your blog, twitter, facebook, whatever just to get more attention drawn to testicular cancer, it is no where near publicized the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment